Is there an alternative to the Singapore model? Kampeta Sayinzoga, who runs Rwanda's finances, made her case for Rwanda in Brussels june 12. The Jambonews blog is an impressive initiative that moves the ball across the field in terms of professionalism and a push for thoughtleadership.
Is it true that we have to choose between messy socalled failed states and autocratic states that actually progress as suggested by former Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson? Is democracy the icing on the cake?
How do the development and security sectors relate to democratic development and the participation of migrants in the debate? Are they natural ennemies or is it just conservatism that prevents progress in this field.
Resources for smallscale migrant organisations in development:
- Handbook - Migration for Development: A bottom up approach.
- MIDA Migration for Development in Africa –
- ACP Observatory on Migration (the states would love to dominate this field too I guess) and it's vacancy for interns capacity building (I heard that word like a million times and still don't understand what it means)
- Online fundraising is great for smaller charities – but which site?
- Best Fundraising Strategies for Small Non-Profits