Friday, August 12, 2011

My Fellow Americans. . . and Europeans

The "My Fellow Americans" project sent me this video and asked me to post it to my website.  It reminded me that my friend, Colored Opinions, the blogger, has told me that Islamophobia is now more intense and widespread in Europe than racism against Black Africans. I asked myself whether that might not be true here in the United States, given that we do have a Christian African American president, whom some of my fellow Americans tried to defeat by accusing him of being a closeted Moslem.  On the other hand, another grisly racist murder has been reported in Mississippi this summer, and, in any case, it's splitting hairs.  Racism, Islamophobia, xenophobia, White supremacy; they're all ugly.  Here's the "My Fellow Americans" film:

No comments: