Thursday, January 20, 2011

African and Peace and Justice Activists Worldwide Must Defend a Free Internet

I just posted this on my blog in the U.S., and, at the same time, wondered about the state of the Net and any political struggles around "net neutrality" in Europe.  Does anyone have information to share?

I really can't say how important this is to peace and social justice activists.  There is no way I could have built the network I've built or joined the community of Africa peace and social justice activists I've joined without the Internet.  Some of the only hopeful news I could remember last year was the report of a new Internet infrastructure going up the West Coast of Africa and Europe, joining the two without mediation by government and big corporate media.

Americans can get more info and join the mailing list at internetyouneed; I imagine there are similar European organizations.

No comments: